Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Cakes

I found a local lady who is making our cakes. I found a cake stand that I fell in love with but lo and behold it could only be found in the United Kingdom. I could not find it anywhere in the US and started to give up hope until our cake lady found a guy selling it on the east coast. I was so thrilled!! Then she calls me and tells me that it was damaged during shipping and she is sending it back. She is now getting it from another lady who is also selling one out of Kansas, so she will drive there and pick it up herself.

I could not find a picture of the perfect cake I wanted but I found pics with the different elements that I wanted to combine into one cake. Here is the initial topper we got. Our cake will be white frosting with the G topper with burgundy and orange ribbon detail on it.

We are putting fresh burgundy and orange calla lilies on the three tiers.


She is also making two police car groom's cakes for us modeled after our patrol cars and is making the cupcakes for the kids table for free. The cakes and cupcakes cost together is going to be around $220.

An option on saving money in the cake area is to get a small cake made at wal-mart or some place like it and get either cupcakes made or sheet cakes made. It'll save you in the long run. You can also provide the decorations or flowers yourself which helped us save on the cost.

No comments: