Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Invitations

I pretty much did everything myself to save money. I got all my papers and cardstock from Hobby Lobby, mainly when scrapbook paper was on sale. I printed everything on my Kodak and Epson printers. I would suggest using a laser printer if you plan on printing pictures on vellum, I learned that the hard way. I spent a little more than I should have because I didn't keep an exact count of what I had and what I needed. I ended up with too much and not enough of some papers.

I printed the cover on burgundy linen cardstock, my favorite picture on vellum and the invitation on white linen cardstock.

I punched two holes at the top and tied ribbon through it.

I glued the "info card" on the back of the wrap I made from burgundy cardstock with the orange background for a pop of color.

I tied the whole thing together with a burgundy sheer organza ribbon.

I even made matching envelopes, which ended up being a pain because it was trial and error with finding an actual glue to keep them sealed.

I got an offer from http://www.vistaprint.com/ for free postcards so I made these online. The offer was for 100 postcards free, no shipping. I ended up paying 4.95 for them because I opted for color on the back to match our wedding colors. These cards came out great! I was so thrilled to find the calla design on the site since that is my wedding flower. I included these for the few people that may not have access to a computer or the internet. I did not include postage for these because I made it clear that we prefer RSVPs online and if they chose to mail back the postcard then they could do so if they provided the postage. To me, it would've been a big waste of postage to have maybe 5 people mail it back.


To save on postage, we are hand delivering a majority of the invitations and are mailing the out of state and out of towners. It may not be etiquette but I really don't care about that and looked for any way to save money for us.

No comments: